free website stats program Deutsch Connectors | Harley Davidson Forums

Deutsch Connectors

ChopperDoc

I am wanting to buy a Deutsch Connector crimper and supplies but I only want to buy one type or the other. Does anyone know which is the most common Deutsch connector used on Harley Davidsons - Solid or Open (stamped)? They both use different crimping tools and pins/sockets. I just want to know which is the most commonly used type.

I was trying to find out which of the two types of Deutsch connectors is most commonly used by HD. The service manual for my 2000 FLHTC says "Solid" Connector Crimping Tool. I just put a set of Dresser Apes on a friends 2001 FLHP - His manual also says solid, but the connectors for his handlebar switches are open (stamped) pins and sockets. It is a Police bike that has been converted to resemble an FLHTCI so it has some extra wiring and some missing wiring. I guess I will pop the hood on mine and see what's up.

FYI: The Santee 14" Dresser Apes are too cool - Not too high and not too low. You get the ape hanger look, but at 14" your hands are still below your sholders so no problem with hands/arms going to sleep on long rides. Might put my cruise control plans on hold and do handlebars instead.

Back