deuce ecm problems

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by chris b, Jan 20, 2009.

1. chris b

chris b Member

if anyone can help me i would appreciate it.
    i bought a wrecked bike that was missing alot of parts. through ebay, and my neighborhood harley shop i have bought the things that i belive will make this thing (2002 deuce) run. the electrical parts missing were indicator lights,ecm,speedometer,headlight, blinkers,taillight,fuel gage. i have replaced the ecm, speedometer,and fuel gage (these were purchased off ebay). i still cannot get this thing to fire. is there a way to check to see if the ecm is any good? if it is is there a way for me to reprogram it? by the way, the day i brought the bike home i took the ecm and console off of a heritage and hooked them up. the bike tried to start 3 times then it wouldn't hit anymore.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. chris b

chris b Member

that is one piece of onfo i left out of my original thread. i found this procedure in this website and tried it last night. i got to the first 10 minute wait and the security lamp never went off. i watched it for 20 mins and it never went off.
    thanks

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

You may have to take the bike to the dealer to initialize it with the digital tech.

5. chris b

chris b Member

thanks. i was kinda leaning that way, i think i got in over my head