free website stats program Demo Days at Indian Motorcycles 2014 | Harley Davidson Forums

Demo Days at Indian Motorcycles 2014

D

dbmg

Had a opportunity to check out and ride a 2014 Chief 2 weeks ago. Very nice bike and very cool. Great fit and finish, strong engine and smooth transmission. Did not really like the keyless start function. You just push a button like in some cars. Also did not like the way the throttle operated. It seem more like a rheostat type switch that you turned and felt like there was not a positive connection to the function of acceleration. The tiller bars took a bit to get used too. Brakes very solid and stopped quick.
I would have to say that I prefer my Electra Glide. So now with Indian and Victory competing for the Harley crowd, Harley's can only get better......
Though I bet Indian will and should be around for a good long time. Overall nice bike.....

Interesting review, I cannot get my head around that tail light:p

They look nice.I'd consider one if they had a lasting reputation for staying in business.One thing about H.D. besides wanting one all my life,there's 2 dealerships within 14 miles of me.And half a dozen in the area.Indian has had a few unsuccessful owners since 53.I hope Polaris has success.

I've been on their email blast list since Stellican revived them in the Carolinas. I found a new dealer and went looking. Turned out they do demo rides and I brought my gear in case of that.

The kickstand mount is forward on the frame & being only 5'-10" it was a stretch. The gearbox was very stiff & only had a toe shifter. Insurance reasons restricted the test road loop in town and I could barely get into 3rd gear. It was a nice bike. I think they said it was a gear driven primary & gear driven cam chest.

Polaris Industries is one company that I would bet on keeping the Indian alive, they have a good name a good dealer network and a good bottom line. They wouldn't have bought the shell of a company if they didn't think they could build on it and make it great again. JMO

I think They could do better by giving it a more modern look.Why would I want to buy something new that looks old?

Buddy of mine just bought one. Looks nice if you like that type of style. I'll say this he seems to have a lot of trouble with the radio, says it's overly complicated. I know we sat for about ten minutes Saturday morning while he tried to remember how to get it set to FM. Probably just something he has to get used to.

I read the below article, which had, in my opinion mixed reviews. Seems there is a throttle lock out feature which won't allow you to accelerate if you apply either brake. read it here:

2015 Indian Roadmaster – First Ride Review

Not a big fan of the wrap around fenders, personally. but this is one Indian I might put in my stable.

2015 Indian Scout Red Motorcycle : Overview

Wow... And the article states about litigation if not applied to design? I would think there will be more litigation and be a turn off when considering purchase. The one thing that I told the Indian Rep at the demo days was in my opinion this motorcycle is a very high tech machine that has tried to have character built into it. So it almost seems fake. To start bike all you do is push a start button. Maybe I have been riding to long to appreciate all the new fangled gizmos on these new bikes. Hopefully soon they will build just a regular old motorcycle with out all the over top technology... Where is the Electra Glide Standard or the or the Classic?????????

Wow... And the article states about litigation if not applied to design? I would think there will be more litigation and be a turn off when considering purchase. The one thing that I told the Indian Rep at the demo days was in my opinion this motorcycle is a very high tech machine that has tried to have character built into it. So it almost seems fake. To start bike all you do is push a start button. Maybe I have been riding to long to appreciate all the new fangled gizmos on these new bikes. Hopefully soon they will build just a regular old motorcycle with out all the over top technology... Where is the Electra Glide Standard or the or the Classic?????????

Yep, gotta keep the lawyers happy. I would not buy the bike just because of this one issue. I was making a U-turn in the middle of the highway Saturday and had to apply my rear brake, albeit briefly. Couldn't imagine losing throttle response at that crucial moment.

I do like that Scout though.

Back