Decided to keep her yesterday - Now looking for powdercoat references

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by FloridaScott, Jul 4, 2014.

1. CRCKR

CRCKR Active Member Contributor

I went up to the dealership yesterday and I was looking at some brand spankin new machines...thinking of trading mine in. I picked out two that I liked the looks of and the salesman rode one for half of the test ride and we swapped bikes and rode back. I eliminated the Fat Boy due to the lack of a fairing and bags (since I don't drive a car I need some storage) but the newer version of my FLHTP was tempting.

When we got back he asked me which one I was riding home and, after careful consideration, I looked at him and told him that I'm sticking with my Ride.

Don't let anybody fool ya, that 6th gear is nice, but honestly, that is all I would have gained and I would have lost thousands of dollars in upgrades all to start again. I'll take those payments and put them into a facelift instead. I am ditching most of the chrome, leaving some for accents, and going black and grey powdercoat for the main theme.

Anyone know some good powder coat people in the Tampa/St Pete areas?

Anyway, I left the dealer and hit I-75 N and just kept riding. Got to Atlanta and hit a hotel, woke up, went to Stone Mountain and rode back home today.

God, I LOVE my bike. What was I thinking!?

2. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Yes, you can buy a lot of refreshing for the price of a new ride. If your ride has been faithful, might as well keep her. Have fun.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

ProCoat Performance Coatings
    ProCoat Performance Coatings CUSTOM POWDER COATING AND CERAMIC / THERMAL COATING TAMPA FL
    6 Google reviews · Google+ page
    5301 Crenshaw St
    Tampa, FL
    (813) 882-8091
    Lasker Powder Coating
    Welcome to Lasker Powder Coating. Tampa's #1 Powder Coating Company.
    1 Google review
    9601 Norwood Dr
    Tampa, FL
    (813) 964-5667
    Centrix Powder Coating
    THE TOP LARGE-SCALE, INDEPENDENT, INDUSTRIAL POWDER COATER IN CENTRAL FLORIDA
    Google+ page
    4901 Distribution Dr
    Tampa, FL
    (813) 390-2802
    Sharp Custom Coatings
    Sharp Customs Home
    3 Google reviews · Google+ page
    6001 Johns Rd
    Tampa, FL
    (813) 391-4682
    S & W Racing Technologies LLC/ Engine Armor Coatings
    Engine Armor Performance Coatings
    1 Google review · Google+ page
    1529 Hobbs St
    Tampa, FL
    (813) 685-8333
    O80 Studio Inc.
    o8o Studio
    Google+ page
    2804 N 36th St
    Tampa, FL
    (813) 242-0971
    Rejas Iron Works
    http://www.rejasironworks.com
    Google+ page
    104 W Hanlon St
    Tampa, FL
    (813) 237-1442
    Map results for powder coaters tampa fl Here is a list from Google I hope it helps:D

4. CRCKR

CRCKR Active Member Contributor

Wow Jack! Lol, I was wondering if anyone has used any local shops! Thank you, though, I'll check out those reviews. This will be a summer project, a little at a time. Getting rid of the chrome polishing chore and makin my bike more custom flavored than just chrome.

I'll probably go with a POW-MIA - REMEMBER theme. I'll post pics as I go along once I get started.