free website stats program dead battery | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dead battery

Yes that is a misconception, it's funny that the rule of battery on cement hasn't applied for forty years. I just did what my dad told me growing up "never set a battery on the garage floor, it will lose its charge"! Even after knowing for a few years that with modern battery cases that rule does not apply, I still find it hard to set a battery directly on the floor. I guess old habbits die hard. Maybe a few more generations.

Yes that is a misconception, it's funny that the rule of battery on cement hasn't applied for forty years. I just did what my dad told me growing up "never set a battery on the garage floor, it will lose its charge"! Even after knowing for a few years that with modern battery cases that rule does not apply, I still find it hard to set a battery directly on the floor. I guess old habbits die hard. Maybe a few more generations.

To this day I absolutely REFUSE to sit a battery on a concrete floor !!

A battery just sitting anywhere will self discharge. They have to be maintained or will die all by themselves. Battucide.

Batteries do self discharge, even more rapidly in warm weather. If case is kept dry, the plastic used should not be as conductive as the rubber ones of old. Yea, even I like to put the battery on a clean countertop, and not on the concrete floor, which can leach moisture...:small3d002:

Back