free website stats program Dashboard Gauge | Harley Davidson Forums

Dashboard Gauge

TainoHeritage

Hi everyone,

First of all, my ride is a 2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic. My dashboard gauge is acting weird :dknow. When the bike is at idle everything is fine but when I revved the engine the odometer and speedometer stops working and the engine light goes on, when it returns to idle everything is normal again. When I ride I can see the speedometer go up but then stops working ones I'm up to speed. The bike starts without a problem and rides pretty normal. Except for this glitch I don't have any other problem. By the way, I checked the cable connections and harness assembly, no problem that I could see. To me is probably the gauge going bad but I'll appreciate if someone can shed some light on this, thanks.

if i read your post right it is fine at idle, then goes weird when you add revs. do you have a manual, sound like a faulty ground..somewhere. please someone correct me if i am wrong

oh and welcome to the forum

Thanks for the input lorne, Yeah, that's my problem in a nutshell. I guess I can go back and double check the grounds on the bike. It all started after I installed a set of air horns, so perhaps I missed something. Will let you know if I get lucky. Is good to be here! :cheers

Maybe a voltage issue? Check the voltage across the battery while at idle and all is normal. Rev motor til you have the issue and take a voltage reading across battery. What is the voltage with RPM's higher?

Back