free website stats program Dash acting stupid | Harley Davidson Forums

Dash acting stupid

cyborg

I install my TFI on Friday and now my dash is acting stupid now. Sometimes when I turn the ignition on all lights (gear,engine,low fuel,battery,security) come on and the Speedometer will go to 120mph for about 5-10 seconds. Also the push button for the tripA,tripB,reserve,clock is acting up too. When I push it to check my trip mileage it clears it. And No I don’t push and hold it. Anyone ever had this problem?

I install my TFI on Friday and now my dash is acting stupid now. Sometimes when I turn the ignition on all lights (gear,engine,low fuel,battery,security) come on and the Speedometer will go to 120mph for about 5-10 seconds. Also the push button for the tripA,tripB,reserve,clock is acting up too. When I push it to check my trip mileage it clears it. And No I don’t push and hold it. Anyone ever had this problem?

TFI installed correctly according to the directions?

I doubt this problem is related to the TFI. My concern would be for the battery. Measure the voltage across the terminals with the bike turned off. Then turn the ignition switch on and measure the voltage again. Start the bike and measure the voltage again.

Let us know what you are finding.

TQ

Try disconnecting the push button in the dash and see what you get. It sounds as if it could be malfunctioning.

A bad battery on my 97 FLHT did the same thing I was amazed when it clocked my speedo and it still started barely:p

Double-check your ground connection(s). Particularly where you tied the TFI ground.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Ditto...check the connections (battery & TFI plugs) to ensure everything's tight. The TFI plugs should "click" into place & I know mine were tough to get them tight. Good luck!

I agree with Ribeye. You had to install the grnd wire from the TFI. Check to make sure you tightened the battery bolt.

Gene

Can`t disconnect the button , look`s like it wired right in to the Speedometer plug. I talked to a dealer the other day they said the samething with the grounds. It`s been raining so i couldn`t checked it till this morning, and the battery ground was a little lose. I hope that was it, i`ll find out tomorrow, going for a ride to cape may.

Thanks for Everybodys help.

Back