Darn. Michigan weather

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by kzoo, Aug 23, 2011.

1. kzoo

kzoo Banned

Looks like I am going to get rained on again! Beautiful when I left the house this morning for the ride to work. Now I look at the radar and its all green coming at me!!

I may just have to invest in some rain riding clothes!

2. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

It could always be worse. At least you are riding.:cheers

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

As i live in a part of the world where it rains most days and never gets hot i sometimes complain about the weather but a good set of waterproof gear and i am sorted
    i never have to worry about hurricanes, tornado's, severe heat or severe flooding if it gets cooler i can just add a layer of clothing
    although i can get 3 or 4 feet of snow in the winter it is manageable
    so when i get depressed about the weather i just think it could be worse

Brian

4. kzoo

kzoo Banned

YUP! Knowing I am riding home makes every afternoon feel like a Friday afternoon!! :bigsmiley8:

5. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

You have to be kidding, I just went out for lunch, now I have to check the radar. I may leave work early if what you say is true.

6. mtmasean

mtmasean Active Member

Well, until you get a rain suit look at it as a pre soak for the laundry.:D

Be safe on the wet roads. That happens a lot here in Florida. You can almost set your watch by the rain here.

7. Dswartz

Dswartz Active Member

A good set of rain gear pays for itself the first time you get caught in the rain. After a couple trips of getting wet, I learned to carry rain gear everywhere now.

8. bikerdad

bikerdad Junior Member

Also from Michigan, but away for work in Iowa. I miss the riding but I will be home soon. I think the terrible storm we had here today is heading your way.

9. scottyguitar

scottyguitar Member

Happened to me today. There were thunderstorms to the north and east of work this afternoon. I left an hour early in order to pick up the wife's car at the repair shop. About halfway home the bottom dropped out. By the time I got home I looked like a drowned rat.

A very large drowned rat.

A "I don't need no stinkin' rain gear" drowned rat. :p

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Every day seems like here in Florida, You just get used to it, Like RedfishJoe said to me 2 things for certain we are going to get rained on and we are going to drop our bikes at least once:s