D&d fat cat, touring

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by duffey22, Mar 31, 2009.

1. duffey22

duffey22 Member

How do you get the baffle out. I've tried every thing but a cutting tourch.

2. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

I had those on my 03 rkc I never could figure out a way to take out the baffle either. I'll be watching this thread to see if we can find out.:)

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Install slip-ons that you know and like the sound of...DO NOT MODIFY your EPA compliant muffler...local and state laws change and they may require them or they may IMPOUND your bike and impose a stiff FINE...not worth the trouble. There are plenty of good slip-ons that will improve the sound, AND allow you to put the HD OEM ones on when going for mandated inspections...JMHO!

4. uniondog

uniondog Member

You need to remove the bolt that hold the baffle in place then get a piece of soft wood to drop the muffler on (exit end) also spraying it with PB blaster or something prior to this also helps but just keep dropping it - on to the wood- from about 1 foot on it's end - it tough it can handle it - it will come out after a while - if not PB blast it again and try again the next day

UD

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Did anyone ever thing of removing the bolt and run the bike? :D

6. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

I did, but... maybe I did not run it long enough:newsmile012:

7. uniondog

uniondog Member

I do not think it will come out by running the bike - these baffles are in there - they don't just drop in when you install them either - you have to persuade them a little on the way in and a considerable amount on the way out.

But who knows - Try it - ya just never know some times

UD

8. duffey22

duffey22 Member

Has anyone tried turning the baffle around where the inside fins face forward versus facing to the rear?

9. uniondog

uniondog Member

Well????????????

Did you get the baffle out or not?

UD

10. duffey22

duffey22 Member

Yes, Thanks. Can't turn it around either. Cut a 2'hole in the side of the baffel and stufed it with baffel material and spot welded the cover back over the hole. I love the new sound.