free website stats program Custom Handle bars on a '99 FXST | Harley Davidson Forums

Custom Handle bars on a '99 FXST

terminator727

I got a set of Wildones Chubby bars 2nd hand but brand new. Obviously didn't get the directions with them and having a problem. I need to run the wires thru the bars, BUT I have never tried this before. All of my wires seem to terminate in a large connector that will NOT fit up the bar. I tried to mess with the wires going to my one set of switches, but I didn't know how to disconnect the wires from them (OR IS THIS WHERE I SHOULD BE DISCONNECTING THEM ??) ! Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated - TY

Thank you, I wasn't sure how to remove the wires from the connectors and I had seen the pin removal tool before years ago for duetch connectors. I really appreciate the help.

Make sure you sand down the inside lip of the wire holes a bit, I had a couple of mine catch and peel the insulation a bit. Run a pull string through the bars first and take your time. I found the whole project very frustrating but worthwhile.

Back