free website stats program Custom air filter cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Custom air filter cover

Is the cover?

• Total voters

Dan.1977P

I was doing some cleaning in my office and found a nice little brushed aluminum cover for an old clock I was going to throw away. It's just a tad too small but will fill in until I get a more appropriate chrome one with a rain sock.
I'm wondering if I should put some effort into removing the lettering from the bottom, though... :small3d019:

Attachments

• DEATHWISH.jpg
    DEATHWISH.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 66
Not a big deal but if it bothers just have someone bead blast it off. If you want to send it to me, I'll do it and have it back in a day or two.

Aaron

I was doing some cleaning in my office and found a nice little brushed aluminum cover for an old clock I was going to throw away. It's just a tad too small but will fill in until I get a more appropriate chrome one with a rain sock.
I'm wondering if I should put some effort into removing the lettering from the bottom, though... :small3d019:

That would be a nice place for a small bar and shield.:D

:s I like it, you can leave it, use Joes idea or make it any thing you want

Maybe I can find a metal stamp somewhere and stamp 'Merica over it. That seems to be the trend these days

As I am sure you know that a lot of Harley parts are made there any way. Here is a novel idea. Can plate be installed with logo inside air cleaner?????

As I am sure you know that a lot of Harley parts are made there any way. Here is a novel idea. Can plate be installed with logo inside air cleaner?????

It's not brushed on the inside and I can't recreate the perfect circle brushing they did. Plus, the two screws on the center line give it a look nobody else has on a softail breather.

Honestly it started out as a joke to poke fun at the HD is all American folks. I didn't realize how much was outsourced until I bought the Fatty. I don't much care either.

Sky, thanks for the offer but I can manage if I need to, even if it means tapping the lettering with the smooth stone on the grinder, but as I said, this cover plate is really just for fun till I find another cover I like.

Back