free website stats program Crome housings | Harley Davidson Forums

Crome housings

I received a pair of crome housings for my bike this christmas and upon taking off the right lower a small metal piece fell out. I am sure it was from the radio select switch but have no idea as to where it belongs. The kit for the crome buttons does talk about this but does not show where it goes.any ideas? I have tried finding it on the self help and in the service manual but no luck.

Don't know of any loose things on radio select switch but there is a little V shape metal shim that fits behind the brake light switch tp keep it tight.

Yea , thanks for the reply chopper but I know about that one. It details it in all the info.This is a little flat piece that comes with the crome switch caps.

oh them:small3d023:, they fit in the holes in the buttons to help lock them on the controls, controls shafts have a flat side and they just help hold the buttons on.

I found this in the instructions (3. Pull stock black switch cap from switch shaft. If there is a metal clip in the old switch cap, insert copper clip from kit
into new chrome cap.) Sounds like you only use them if the stock switch came with them. Hope this was the metal piece you found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chopper has you covered, the copper V spring tensions the brake switch nub to the housing...and spring steel metal retainer could have come from underneath the switch cap, hopefully it shows up in the service manual.

I found this in the instructions (3. Pull stock black switch cap from switch shaft. If there is a metal clip in the old switch cap, insert copper clip from kit
into new chrome cap.) Sounds like you only use them if the stock switch came with them. Hope this was the metal piece you found.

Thanks again Chopper, I did more reading and yes I found that paragraph that explained it so today I am going to put the new ones on and see what we have.

Back