free website stats program crankcase filter | Harley Davidson Forums

crankcase filter

Dswartz

The previous owner of my bike installed a crankcase filter. I did a little research on it but I still don't really understand what it is or why I need it. Does anybody have any thoughts on a crankcase filter? Is it necessary for the bike or should I take it off? If I leave it on, how do I maintain it? How often should the filter element be changed?

The previous owner of my bike installed a crankcase filter. I did a little research on it but I still don't really understand what it is or why I need it. Does anybody have any thoughts on a crankcase filter? Is it necessary for the bike or should I take it off? If I leave it on, how do I maintain it? How often should the filter element be changed?

The crankcases on our bikes vent to atmosphere to relieve the pressure caused by the piston down strokes. EVOs vented from the backside of the crankcase up to the back of the plate on the air cleaner. The TCs have a mechanism build into the heads that also vent into the A/C through breather assemblies on the Rocker Arm Support Plates.

Where is the crankcase filter you are talking about? Got any pix?

TQ

Back