free website stats program Corbin Customer Service | Harley Davidson Forums

Corbin Customer Service

RockerRider

If you buy a Corbin product don't expect good customer service, it is terrible!

I purchased a Corbin Widowmaker to use with 2008 my Rocker C last October and was unable to use it until this spring. After using it one day I found that the seat had caused damage to my fender. I sent an e-mail off to Corbin regarding it and was told that the seat had been retooled because of this problem. When I first asked them to fix it all they did was apologize for the damage and said they would send me a new seat once the they received my old one.

It is now over one month later and I do not have the new seat and the only time I hear from them is when I send an e-mail asking for action on my seat and fender. After calling and sending e-mails several times with no response for about a month I was told that three people including Mike Corbin had looked at the pictures of the damage and this was their response:

"I checked into this for you and showed your pics to our production manager as well as Mike himself. We can repair the fender for you in-house. If you would like to keep the fender until a suitable time is available, we will repair it for you. We cannot issue any forms of payment or remittance for work done outside of our premises. We can make arrangements to have your fender picked up on our dime if need be."

Now I live in Minnesota and they are in California so I would be without the use of my motorcycle for over three to four weeks because of their poorly designed seat. My wife is also not able to ride with me because of their poor service, inefficient means of repair, and lack of a customer centered approach.

If you are interested in the correspondence between me and the company, please feel free to contact me, because their responses and analogies used were really poor. I would caution anyone buying a product from Corbin and would recommend their product to anyone because their customer service is terrible!

Last edited:
If you buy a Corbin product don't expect good customer service, it (EDITED)!

I purchased a Corbin Widowmaker to use with 2008 my Rocker C last October and was unable to use it until this spring. After using it one day I found that the seat had caused damage to my fender. I sent an e-mail off to Corbin regarding it and was told that the seat had been retooled because of this problem. When I first asked them to fix it all they did was apologize for the damage and said they would send me a new seat once the they received my old one.

It is now over one month later and I do not have the new seat and the only time I hear from them is when I send an e-mail asking for action on my seat and fender. After calling and sending e-mails several times with no response for about a month I was told that three people including Mike Corbin had looked at the pictures of the damage and this was their response:

"I checked into this for you and showed your pics to our production manager as well as Mike himself. We can repair the fender for you in-house. If you would like to keep the fender until a suitable time is available, we will repair it for you. We cannot issue any forms of payment or remittance for work done outside of our premises. We can make arrangements to have your fender picked up on our dime if need be."

Now I live in Minnesota and they are in California so I would be without the use of my motorcycle for over three to four weeks because of their poorly designed seat. My wife is also not able to ride with me because of their poor service, inefficient means of repair, and lack of a customer centered approach.

If you are interested in the correspondence between me and the company, please feel free to contact me, because their responses and analogies used were really poor. I would caution anyone buying a product from Corbin and would recommend their product to anyone because their customer service (EDITED)!
If it makes a difference, your not the only one that has received poor customer service from Corbin over the years. Remember this for next time as you have choices when it comes to seat manufacturers / suppliers. Good Luck!!

My first dealings with Corbin were great! That was about the year 1998. The second wasnt' too bad in 2001. They took care of the problem, sortof, but I had to go through many phone calls, nagging etc.. to get the seat back so that it actually fit... ,again sort of, then I had to take it to a local shop to get it to finally fit the way it should. As much as they cost, they should be perfect.

Will I buy another one, :newsmile100: ah.... NO. There are others around that have a super good seat too now and actually WANT my business after the sale. I've spread the word and I'm guessing that a few have gone other directions other than Corbin.
Ugly John

I will never deal with Corbin again, the customer service was appalling and they never sent the replacement they were supposed to after the loss of a seat, Le Pera on the other hand could not have been more helpful if they tried

We have to agree with Hobbit. LePera is the bomb! We live a couple miles from them and they have bent over backwards (Ashley and Christine) for both of our seats. Look at our pictures and you'll see me holding the Alligator tan (at LePera) before it went on my seat.

As far a Corbin, Mz Bling has their fleetliner bags and has been pleased.
We have though emailed them several times about their rear fender and the mod's needed for her bike with no response. Maybe they've gotten to fat and sassy for their own good. (or seats)

Back