Console Removal

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by khewell, Jan 29, 2010.

1. khewell

khewell Member

Ok Decided to paint the inner fairing ( no big deal painted several bikes).
    I got the inner fairing removed, no problem got the key switch removed.

How do I get the lower console up over what appears to be the lock???? does it just pry over it or does something else need to come off????

2. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

khewell,

I sent you a pm. I'll email you what you need as it's too big to post on the site.

3. Doug_09ultra

Doug_09ultra Junior Member

B-1B
    Could you send me a copy of the pm ya sent to Khewell? I'm gonna paint my inner as well. Thanks!!

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I know it might a little late in the game for khewell, but for others who plan to take this project on - pictures work wonders. It was suggested by other forum members on another post & I use my camera anytime there's going to be a "puzzle" to re-piece. Believe me, saved many hours of guess-work.

Cheers & post pics of your completed projects...

5. khewell

khewell Member

used the camera. took lots of pictures showing connections and wire routing.
    Plan to take a lot during reassembly and post them to my profile.

6. MIHDrider

MIHDrider Junior Member

I took mine off as well. Bought the PPG paint and had it painted at work. Dead on Match. Now to get it all back together.

7. PeteINny

PeteINny Active Member

I did this last summer and I can say that it looks awesome. Most def worth the effort.

8. ghostrider2008

ghostrider2008 Member

I went through this as well and documented as best I could. I put it out on my website so you might find it useful. Here is the link:
    Harley Bills Home Page and it's on the tab(How to) on the bottom right side.

9. khewell

khewell Member

Great detail on disassemble. Wish I had that info when I took it apart.

10. DavHJ

DavHJ Member

Wow great thread, I'm in the process of painting my bike now I just dropped off 15 peices to the painter.

The inner faring is not as hard as it looks just a lot of labor and documentation like everyone says "Take lots of Pictures"

I wnet one step further I practiced putting on the inner faring before I sent it out just to see how not to scratch the new paint.

I'll post my progress.

Dave

Attached Files: