free website stats program Compensator Bolt? | Harley Davidson Forums

Compensator Bolt?

Joe2007ultra

Has anyone out there taken a primary compensator bolt off? I know it has oposite threads. I have used an inpact gun and long breaker bars and I cant get it to break loose. Feels like it keeps turning but nothing ? Do I need heat to break the loc tite?

Any tips would appriciated.

I just removed and replaced my stator and the compensator nut is a lefty loosey on my 06 classic and the clutch pack nut is reverse threaded.

Has anyone out there taken a primary compensator bolt off? I know it has oposite threads. I have used an inpact gun and long breaker bars and I cant get it to break loose. Feels like it keeps turning but nothing ? Do I need heat to break the loc tite?

Any tips would appriciated.

Your compensator nut is NOT a left hand thread, it is standard. Clockwise to tighten, counter-clockwise to loosen. AND DO NOT USE AN IMPACT WRENCH!! The clutch basket nut is a left hand thread.

So now that you have the COMPENSATOR nut VERY tight, why are you taking it off?

TQ

Last edited:
Compensator nut should have red loctite on it to stop it from coming loose if its been on for a while you may need to hot before the loctite gives up its grip and a good breaker bar should give you enough torque to get it moving but on that nut anti clockwise to loosen

Brian

it to a bit to break mine free but with long breaker bar wanst to bad mine was blue loctited

It finally broke , Must have been the loc tight. All good. Installed the SE compensator Kit. Road it this afternoon, Big change no noise and smooth. FYI absolutely no reason to remove the clutch per the instructions. Sproket comes rite off no stress on the chain at all.

You noticed an improvement even with a 2010 (like new) bike/parts. Did you have to do any clearance grinding for the R&R of the Rotor?

Back