free website stats program Comparison question | Harley Davidson Forums

Comparison question

stevec314

Hello all,

First off I want to wish a very happy and safe memorial day weekend to all of you fellow riders. If any of you are or were in any of the armed services I also want to thank you on behalf of my small family ( wife 2 young kids ) and myself for your service to our country. You are one of the reasons we get to ride freely!

Now onto a bike question. I have an 07 Ultra and my cousin whom I work with is decided to get a road king and get rid of the yamaha vstar he currently has. My question is: Are the road king and the Ultra on the same frame? Other than the bells and whistles, how simular are they? ie Frame and motor

God bless, be safe, and RIDE HARD this holiday weekend.

Steve

I think the frame on the Ultras was especially designed for older, beat up riders!:D Don`t ask me how I know this.:11:

According to the back of the booklet in the for the 2008 models, the touring frames are the same. (It's the small book that has the new models in it). You can get one at the Harley store :D. Some rough days at work forced me to go to the local dealer near the office and look around, help the economy, and pick up some reading material. There are some sketches in the back of the book for each of the different models. I read it thouroughly one afternoon, while working hard of course, and learned quite a bit about the little differences. Unfortunately, it got me looking at the other differences, like the fatter front tire, not as much rake to the forks etc, and I think I need a touring bike.....I know where there is a really sharp blue one, but I can't make it work where I can keep my deuce yet......I'm working on it. We do have an anniversary coming up, since it didn't pan out for the birthday. :D

I just have to convince him he wants to get it for me......and make him think it's all his idea. And, btw, that's mean.:wall

Back