Comparison of EFI Tuners

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Rod Stewart, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Rod Stewart

Rod Stewart Active Member

So maybe it's time for a detailed item by item comparison of the various EFI systems, so a new user has some idea what to expect? A few basic topics on each should suffice; I have indicated the areas that I think are useful.
    I've added details about the Dobeck TFI, since its the only one I really know anything about.

MAKE/MODEL: Dobeck TFI Gen 1

INSTALLATION: Wires in series with stock injector wiring. Requires seat and tank removal. About 1.5 hours.

BASIC OPERATION: Has pots to enrich mixture for idle, acceleration, high speed. Adds fuel only.

EASE OF USE: Very easy to tune and adjust. Requires small screwdriver.

ADJUSTABLE SPARK MAPPING?: No

COST: About $300

INSTRUCTIONS: Well written; 4 out of 5.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Very good. 4 out of 5.

Who wants to jump in with details about their experience?
    Rod

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You mean kind of like this?

Harley Davidson Community

3. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

I had the TFI installed on my 09 FLHR before modificqtion, then modified to stage one, re-adjust the pot one (green) ran just fine.

Installed SE255 cams, needed to turn Down on pot one (green). Ran like a scalled Dog...:D

Also, you are Now running an UN-Lean motor when using the Dobecks TFI/Gen3/future Gen4.

This is what I needed to add.:D

signed....BUBBIE

4. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

5. dolt

dolt Senior Member Contributor

I didn't see the Powervision, TTS Mastertune, Zippers' Thundermax, Rev Performance EMS or SEST/SEPST listed in Dr. Dolittle's list. For my money, the TTS is state of the art; JMHO.