free website stats program Comparison of EFI Tuners | Harley Davidson Forums

Comparison of EFI Tuners

Rod Stewart

So maybe it's time for a detailed item by item comparison of the various EFI systems, so a new user has some idea what to expect? A few basic topics on each should suffice; I have indicated the areas that I think are useful.
I've added details about the Dobeck TFI, since its the only one I really know anything about.

MAKE/MODEL: Dobeck TFI Gen 1

INSTALLATION: Wires in series with stock injector wiring. Requires seat and tank removal. About 1.5 hours.

BASIC OPERATION: Has pots to enrich mixture for idle, acceleration, high speed. Adds fuel only.

EASE OF USE: Very easy to tune and adjust. Requires small screwdriver.

ADJUSTABLE SPARK MAPPING?: No

COST: About $300

INSTRUCTIONS: Well written; 4 out of 5.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Very good. 4 out of 5.

Who wants to jump in with details about their experience?
Rod

So maybe it's time for a detailed item by item comparison of the various EFI systems, so a new user has some idea what to expect? A few basic topics on each should suffice; I have indicated the areas that I think are useful.
I've added details about the Dobeck TFI, since its the only one I really know anything about.

MAKE/MODEL: Dobeck TFI Gen 1

INSTALLATION: Wires in series with stock injector wiring. Requires seat and tank removal. About 1.5 hours. (total tank removal is Not necessary)
(just remove short wires then 180* the tank on a heavy blanket straddling the rear fender, works good on my 09 FLHR)

BASIC OPERATION: Has pots to enrich mixture for idle, acceleration, high speed. Adds fuel only.

EASE OF USE: Very easy to tune and adjust. Requires small screwdriver.

ADJUSTABLE SPARK MAPPING?: No

COST: About $300 (200$ using HDT member discount and free shipping on the TFI)

INSTRUCTIONS: Well written; 4 out of 5.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Very good. 4 out of 5.

Who wants to jump in with details about their experience?
Rod

I had the TFI installed on my 09 FLHR before modificqtion, then modified to stage one, re-adjust the pot one (green) ran just fine.

Installed SE255 cams, needed to turn Down on pot one (green). Ran like a scalled Dog...:D

Also, you are Now running an UN-Lean motor when using the Dobecks TFI/Gen3/future Gen4.

This is what I needed to add.:D

signed....BUBBIE

I didn't see the Powervision, TTS Mastertune, Zippers' Thundermax, Rev Performance EMS or SEST/SEPST listed in Dr. Dolittle's list. For my money, the TTS is state of the art; JMHO.

Back