free website stats program Clutch Saftey Switch 08 Dyna CVO?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Saftey Switch 08 Dyna CVO??

09GLDR

Hey All, Installed a set a 14" apes on a 08' Dyna Screaming Eagle the other day and the clutch saftey switch is not working properly, I double checked the wires they are matched up correctly in the harness and the red security key comes on from time to time and the little green "6" for the sixth gear indicator, is hit and miss? I know it sounds like alot guys but any input would be greatly appreciated. I've done alot of bar installs but this is the first CVO bike i've done, is there a setting or something I missed that is special on the CVOs ? Thanks again.

Two possible sources are the wires in the clutch housing or switch in the clutch handle and the other is the neutral safety switch on the trans that operates it. There have been a number of bad switches in the trans that had to be replaced. If it starts in gear clutch handle out , I would suspect the safety switch. This switch will eventually light the 6th gear indicator in all gears as you ride if it is malfunctions.

Pull the codes and see what it shows.

09-08-07 DTC Codes - Harley Davidson Community

Ok, Thank you glider, I'll run the diagnostic and I do have another switch (clutch) in the shop for a swap if I have to. I'm thinking clutch switch wires, cause it will start in neutral with clutch out but not in gear with clutch pulled in. Thank again!

Try starting it in gear without using the clutch. Not starting in gear with the clutch pulled in is an open circuit.

Back