free website stats program Clutch cable adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch cable adjustment

silverback

Hi all,as I stated before I am not so good at DIY but have been told adjusting the clutch cable on an '07 Road king is not too bad. I found the videos posted by glider but they are hard to see exactly what the tech guy does once he takes the rubber cover at the front off the cable. Any chance of finding a pdf or some type of diagram that more clearly shows the process so a guy like myself can see and understand step by step? Thanks in advance for any help!!!

The clutch adjustment is nothing difficult as far as doing it. If you have a factory manual, it will give you a better pic of the adjustment and if you don't have a manual, it's a good investment if you are doing your own work.
If you watch the video, it's is rather self explanatory and nothing is difficult here. All you're doing is collapsing the adjuster fully after loosening the locknut, then you do the 1/2 to 1 full turn out on the clutch pack and finish it up with readjusting the cable slack again at the adjuster with the proper free play.

Cableadjustment.jpg

Hey glider, I actually checked my manual first and all they cover is oiling and adjusting with no diagram...but they do suggest seeing a dealer for proper service. I do believe I could probably do this adjustment but would like to be shown exactly what to do for safety's sake. Thanks again.

It's really not difficult at all once you get started with it as you will see. If you ruin into any problems, give us a yell here.:D

Back