free website stats program Clutch Adjustment??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Adjustment???

scts

On the '10 Ultra Limited, got around 1,500 miles on it now and have been noticing a rubbing sound (one of those wooshing sounds) when I pull in the clutch and are at slower speeds (under 35) - although it may be there all of the time and I'm not hearing it due to road noise. At first I thought it might be the front brakes slightly rubbing, but as it's gotten slightly louder I can now tell it's coming from the Primary (also took a bit to relate it to only happening when the clutch is engaged). Doesn't sound normal to me (don't have the same on the 08 Fatboy for sure).

Was planning on adjusting the clutch / cable one night this week to see if maybe it's not engaging all of the way when pulled in, but thought I'd check here and see if anyone had other thoughts?

Sounds like something the dealer should fix. I haven't had any trouble from my 2010 UC - yet.

Clutch adjustment is an easy, after dinner job.

If that doesn't solve it I wouldn't hesitate to get it in to the dealer since it's under warranty.

Have almost 4k on my FLHTK and have not noticed that. Do hear like a gear whine noise in first at about 5 to 10 mph. My friend hears same thing on his 2010 FLHX, so I figure that's normal. They sure do clunk loud when tapping into first gear though.

They sure do clunk loud when tapping into first gear though.

A couple of things will help that. I have no idea what type of transmission fluid you are using, but a quality syn will help, and if you hold in your clutch for about 3 seconds before shifting into first, it makes quite a difference.

When I changed to Spectro 6 speed on my 09, the first time I shifted into first, I actually found neutral again because it was so quiet and smooth I didn't think it went into gear. Turns out, the Spectro made that big of a difference :D

Back