free website stats program Clutch adjustment confusion | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch adjustment confusion

I just don't get the Easypull thing. My 05' and others I've rode I shift with 2 fingers on the clutch. How much easier would one need to be? I get neutral easily until she's completely warmed up - then the trick is to merely bump the clutch while pulling up on the lever. The bike should move 1/2-1", just taking the tension off the gear, and it slips in nicely.

quadancer; in the older models,pre '04 I think, the clutch lever was a Hard pull. That's why the old timers had a larger left arm from the clutch and right leg from Kick starts.(lol)
tourbox

Possibly a bad or poorly lubricated cable may be causing the hard clutch pull. The pull shouldn't be that hard but there's no doubt an easy pull addition would help ease the pull.

Then again is it a stock clutch?

Please read my earlier post first!! My bike is the first of the modern Springers. They were introduced in 1988 to celebrate the 85th. Anniversary. Clutches weren't as easy to pull in as '05 models. I have also fitted a new clutch cable but there was nothing wrong with the old one so it's on the shelf for a spare. The easyboy clutch kit reduced the pull on the lever by at least 30%, maybe more. I couldn't be happier. Also put in a new neutral switch and with the clutch fixed, a new cable and switch finding neutral is much easier.
Cheers.
:cheers
:AUSTRALIA

Depending on where you like your clutch to engage relative to the grip is what matters. I prefer the clutch to start grabbing with the lever about 1/3rd away from the grip. So as soon as I feel the slightest drag st the screw I lock it down. Set the cable free play at 1/16"

Back