free website stats program close call | Harley Davidson Forums

close call

GARVIN

last Sunday wife & I headed for a ride to Port Dover for dinner .about 3 miles out we make a right turn .as we made the turn two kids on race rockets are waiting to cross . I always follow my wife since she is a new rider , double line going up hill, just as i can see over hill there is a car coming . first instinct was quick look in mirror then put out left arm & hand in stop position , fool racer didn`t care & blew past me , I have no idea how he made it between my wife and the car. there was only inches from either.thank goodness the second guy heeded my warning & waited. I`m sure the car never seen the bike & my wife didn`t either until after.
i still haven`t told wife how close she was to being in accident. just that she has to constantly be looking in all directions.

Glad nothing happened. If it ain't comin' at ya....somebodys try'n to go by ya!
Ride Safe!!!
wilks3
:USA

Scary situation & hope that metric sportbike rider learns passing rules, riding safety & courtesy someday. Glad it didn't turn South...ride safe!

I'm glad my wife doesn't want her own bike for this reason. I just couldn't deal with seeing something bad happen just like this. Glad everything worked out ok for you all.

Bodeen

My wife has been riding for about 5 years now. For about the first year, I had the same thoughts of helplessness should she have a problem. She has about 75,000 miles under her belt now, and the thought really doesn't cross my mind anymore.

Im glad your wife didnt get hit ...:)...My wife doesnt even want to ride on a bike and to be honest, Im glad..One less thing to worry about and we dont half to do everything together..............THANK GOD......Its worked 25 years

That is a very important point to teach her. You have to aware, every where. Glad that this situation had a good ending. Sport bikes tend to try push there point when it comes to Harleys and do some outrageous things.
Just by you riding with her may have force the sport bike further away and ultimately protected her with only one Squid passing her.

steve it is fun when we are out together , I think the reason I ride behind is I can block traffic from getting close and watch for hazards, BUT I did feel real helpless in that situation.all I can do is push the awareness factor .

Back