Clearview!!!

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by martysnarf, Jul 15, 2009.

1. martysnarf

martysnarf Active Member

I gotta post about what great people Clearview are to deal with!!

I ordered a 9.5" windshield with the recurve, and needed it really bad because I couldn't hear my tunes at all over about 45 mph, because my whole head was in the breeze with the stock shield.

I emailed Clearview for advice on what size would be best for my height (I'm 6'2"), and they were INCREDIBLY helpful and responded right away. I placed the order, and then was bummed when I realized that it would take 4-6 weeks for it to be made and delivered. I emailed them back and asked if that was accurate, and they told me that obviously it was their busy season, and that it would definitely take that long. I was bummed, and they asked if I would be interested in a "slightly flawed or blemished" one- because if so- they could send it out IMMEDIATELY. I said I obviously didn't want one that was all screwed up, and they assured me that these are just ones that have the SLIGHTEST little imperfection, and if I was unhappy with it for any reason, they would buy it right back from me. Plus, it would not be full price, either. I was THRILLED, and he found one in the size and tint that I needed, and he found the blemish and said that it was the size of a speck of lint. Since I would be looking OVER the shield anyway, that sounded GREAT for me, so I agreed to try it out.

It arrived yesterday (only took 4 days to ship), and he wasn't kidding- it's nearly PERFECT, and the blemish is almost impossible to see unless you are REALLY looking for it. It's way down low where I would never see it since I look over the shield, and I honestly couldn't see it even if I looked through the shield. It's just a little speck.

So, I wanted to HIGHLY recommend these kind folks to all of you. I found out about them on here, and those that recommend their windshields are thrilled with their quality. I am too, and just wanted to post about how helpful they were to me, and that they were able to get me one quickly so that I can really enjoy my tunes, and my new bike all around even more!!

BIG THANKS TO CLEARVIEW SHIELDS!! GREAT people there!!

2. Scrappy

Scrappy Active Member

good deal man... i will take note, glad to hear a happy customers review.

3. shield

shield Member

Marty, your not to far from me. We'll have to meet up one day so I can see the shield on your bike. Im 5-09 and think that shield is going to be in my line of site. Let me know how it works out for you with your height. I think they have a shorter version that might work for me.

4. martysnarf

martysnarf Active Member

Shield- the height is PERFECT for me. They have sizes from 4.5" up to like 18", and everything in-between. You can email them and tell them the kind of bike you have and your height, and they will make a recommendation for you. That's what I did, and I am THRILLED with mine. I'd be more than happy to meet up with you sometime to let you check mine out. Hit me on a PM when you have time free and we can hook up. I'm real close to BWI Airport; convenient to everything.

Here's a link to their site: Clearview Shields - for the best ride you'll ever see

5. shield

shield Member

Thanks Marty

6. Jim B.

Jim B. Junior Member

I have also had great customer service from Clearview. Their windshields are top quality and you can even get them with a Goldwing style vent for those hot summer days.

7. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

I just ordered my second shield (in 3 months) from Clearview. I wasn't paying attention when I ordered my first shield (an 8.5" smoked recurve) because my air deflectors are dark grey, not smoked. Anyhow, I called Clearview and they sent me a dark grey shield. It is a "blem" but I can't find the blem....not a bad deal. If anyone out there is looking for an 8.5" smoked recurve that's perfect for shorter riders I'll part w/ it for $50 + shipping. 2 months old in perfect condition.

8. shield

shield Member

B-1B. I just sent you a pm.

9. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

I apologize for not using the "for sale" cat; however, the shield sold immediately. thanks to all.

jim

10. ghostrider2008

ghostrider2008 Member

I have the 8" clearview /recurve and I love it. It looks good and works well. It took exactly 4 weeks from the day I ordered it to arrive and it sure beats the stock one. Here is how it looks on my bike.

[​IMG]