Chrome top or cap

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by dogdad, May 3, 2010.

  1. dogdad

    dogdad Active Member

    I'm looking to get suggestions on putting caps or tops or something on the sissy bar I cut. I took off the back rest area right above the luggage rack. I have looked at my local HD dealer here and the chrome toppers are to big or small. Nothing at Home Depot or my local hardware store either. Any ideas?? thanks
  2. Breeze3at

    Breeze3at Well-Known Member

    Look in a Lowes next time you pass one. I got a coouple of 1/2" flush mount chrome plugs that friction mount inside the tube, a while back. They had several sizes, not the best or shiniest chrome, but were pretty cheap. They were in the big drawers in hardware aisle.
  3. Troy1225

    Troy1225 Active Member

    Assuming the tube you cut is about a chrome acorn nut threaded onto a stud that will fit inside the hollow tube and held in place by some silicone.