Chrome shock covers for a streetbob?

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Bilgeslop, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Bilgeslop

Bilgeslop Member

Does anyone know where I can score a set of chrome covers for the shocks on my '09 Streetbob? I can spend $400 on the shocks that comes stock on the Fat Bob, and Progressive has some options, but they, too are complete shocks. Just looking for the covers...not saying I'm cheap or anything...oh, who am I kidding, I'm cheaper than a pair of chinese made tricycle shocks.

2. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson Banned

These are great and a good price. Surely you can get something like this in the US

[​IMG]

Click on this link Hagon Twin Shocks

3. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

Most I have seen are full replacements, never found just the covers.

4. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson Banned

Is it worth buying covers when hagons are so cheap?

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

An alternative would be metallic paint, key here of course is surface preparation, multiple light coats and final clear coating. Can't get much "cheaper" and results will be very good if you take your time.

6. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

I do not know much about the hagon shocks, but I would do some research on them. Usually cheaper is not always better. You may not like the ride after putting cheap shocks on, not to mention the longevity of them. IMO I would save for the progressives and go that route. I am cheap as well and fret over things for months before dropping the money on them but when it comes down to it, do what is right rather then what is cheap.

Again to each there own and if the research says they are good then go for it.

7. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson Banned

Well said Buddy. Hagon are a quality brand for a reasonable price. I have met the MD. When you buy the shocks they want to know your weight, riding style etc. and fit the correct weight springs to suit you.

8. Bilgeslop

Bilgeslop Member

A couple of points:
    1) When I convert the currencies, those Hagons aren't so inexpensive as to make me feel as nervous as I did when I saw a pair of Chinese shocks in the custom chrome catalog for something like $79!
    2) They have to be TUV certified for sale in Europe, right? Those standards are MUCH tougher than our Department Of Transportation.

I think I'm going to visit a metric dealer this weekend and see if they can get me a pair. Thanks guys, and fair winds and following seas, Admiral!

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Hagon is a well known brand Internationally, though not nearly as well known or as expensive as Ohlins as Hobbit says due to lack of importing resources....

10. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

If you go to this link you will find details of north American distributors of hagon shocks perhaps if you contact them they will be able to advise on the best way to get some

NORTH AMERICA

Brian