chrome handlebar controls? Which kind??

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by caseydeuce, Dec 9, 2009.

1. caseydeuce

caseydeuce Member

I am looking into buying chrome handlebar controls, clutch lever, brake lever/caliber, blinker button ect. My question is.... Has anybody bought the cheaper ones on ebay for around $150? New from harley they are double that. Is the chrome going to chip right off with the cheaper ones, or are they equally as good? I know the saying... (you get what you pay for) Has anyone had a good or bad experience with one or the other controls. Thanks for the feed back. Casey

2. Keithhu

Keithhu Active Member

If you choose to go with the option to have the master cylinder wrapped vs replaced, its less expensive. I got HD part numbers 70222-96b and 46098-98 for my 2010 FLSTC, total of $172+SH from http://www.mandmcycles.com/homepage.htm (20% off seller). These will fit your FXSTD

The wording on the HD site for 46098-98 is misleading according to the 'chrome consultant' at my local dealer, says it covers the body of the master cylinder (not just a new lid), and is less expensive than the part that replaces the master cylinder. He had better be right! (parts should arrive next week)

And now that I re-read your post, you might not be looking for what I was describing - well, hope it helps anyway. <sigh>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
  3. DANNY MC

DANNY MC Active Member

I went for the HD ones on my 09 Heritage,had chrome Fat Boy bars put on at same time,i knw there a little dearer but wasnt quite convinced about quality of the cheaper ones,P.S they do look good and quality is spot on,jmho,drive safe.....Danny Mc