Chilli Cook-Off

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by gator508, Feb 26, 2012.

1. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Thought I'd post this for anyone intersted.

Chilli Cook-Off
    Bienville Square in Mobile
    March 3rd
    11 - 3
    $15 at gate, discount at MDHD $9, until they are gone.

Usually attracts a lot of bikes, weather is looking good, supports ACS.

The Chilli is well worth the visit!

2. Cajun Ultra

Cajun Ultra Active Member

never been but sound's good

3. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

I'm wondering if that's one of those that Carroll Shelby is involved with. Course he may have had to retire from it at his age. But a few years ago I saw him on a Food Channel and he was the chairman of these chilli cookoffs. He was into chilli real big. Man who don't love chilli.

For those of you that don't remember who Carroll Shelby is (was) he developed the Cobra for Ford motor company. Also designed the Cobra Mustang. He raced and later desiged race cars most of his life.

Carroll Shelby - An American Icon

4. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

5. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

R_W_B

Don't know if he's involved, but proceeds go to the Ameican Cancer Society, we have supported it for quite a few years now.

6. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

7. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

This thread kinda reminds me, has this forum ever heard the joke about the young biker that walks in and sees the older Iron butt sitting at the bar staring at the full bowl of chilli ?

I wouldn't want to tell it over again if most have heard it.

8. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Actually CJ's is a pretty mellow spot. We had to drive to Gainesville to have the gun pulled.:newsmile07::newsmile07:

9. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Ha, that's funny. Least you guys knew the number one rule. When someone points a gun at you, do just about anything they say. :D

As far as the wildest chilli cookoff. That probably could very well be right here in my own home town of Lakeland. Roscoe's Chili Challenge is an annual event here for some years and has grown in size. It's an all biker affair. I've seen pics but never been. Don't think my wife would go for it. Quiet of bit of nudity type activity there. Makes the bikini contests at Bike Week seem docile. Course now if I was a single man I might would just check it out, to taste the chilli of course :lol

I don't want to post up the web link as it would prolly get me banned forever. But you can search it easily enough on google. Folks tell me the chilli is very good there.

10. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

RWB I went to Roscoe's years ago and have learned the hard way that it has evolved to a more mature event. I think now it would be described as an adult event. Back when I went the chili was great!!!