Childhood dream

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by rhino, Jun 5, 2010.

1. rhino

rhino Banned

I was six or seven years old when my best friends dad went and bought a brand new 1980 flh. for years i would dream what it would be like to be on that bike and just ride. Now thirty years later I was over to the old mans house he took me aside asked me if i wanted the old bike. he cant ride anymore and cant stand to see it sit. So long story short he said name a price. I named a price, he liked it and was glad to see me get it as he always considered me a son. So finally Im one of those guys that got a deal on the old harley sitting in the barn, and the sentimental value is a plus.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Where's the pics? :D

3. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Congrats on the new (old) ride. Great story.

4. Scrappy

Scrappy Active Member

very cool story. I 2nd the pics, I want to see before and after pledge pics.

5. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

congrads on the new ride.you now are in the shovel family too.
    but no pics

6. hobo55

hobo55 Active Member

Good for you rhino. Congrats..

7. BOBFLHTC

BOBFLHTC Active Member

Congrats. It has personel history and character. Dream on while you enjoy the restoration - Bob

8. robermv32

robermv32 Active Member

Man, that's great. I grew up next door to a small Harley dealer back in the 50's and 60's. Always thought I'd like one of those "big Bikes". No such luck for me finding one in a barn. Had to go out and buy one but still smile every now and then when I pass a kid on the sidewalk and recognize that stare. Didn't we all want one ?

9. rmouse2

rmouse2 Member

very cool story...

10. stefdustin

stefdustin Member

I have owned several of those old shovelhead fl's. I love them and will own another some day.