check enigine light 2009 xl1200n

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by smitty61, Mar 22, 2009.

1. smitty61

smitty61 Member

i just put a stage 1 air filter and power commander with respective map on my nightster and now my check engine light comes on as i turn the switch then goes off as it should, but after about 2 seconds it comes back on and stays on. i start the bike and it runs a little rough till it warms up then it sounds fine but the check engine light is on. i also did all the work my self. is there something i did wrong or is this something that the dealer would have had to clear the codes or??? thanks for the help!

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. smitty61

smitty61 Member

how do i do that?

never mind dumb question:D

i went through the steps of clearing and the check engine light is still on i has a fault code od P0118 (ET Sensor High) and a pn of: 32152-07A

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
  4. glider

glider Veteran Member

The part number is nothing to be concerned about. Check the wiring on the engine temp sensor on the rear of the front head.

5. 09 Softail C

09 Softail C Account Removed

When you installed the Power Commander did you have both the ignition AND handlebar kill switch in the off position?

6. smitty61

smitty61 Member

i did not have the killswitch in the off position. didnt know this would make a difference.