free website stats program Check Engine Light | Harley Davidson Forums

Check Engine Light

mkaminski

I have an 05 FLHTCSE2. When I turn the ignition on and flip kill switch to on the check eng light comes on, then off which is normal. But it comes on again and then goes back off. From what I have read here that means I have historical codes. I went to read my codes as per the instructions here. Switch on, off, on, off, and on. Then did the business with the turn signals, they flashed the appropiate amount of times. No codes. Did reset, still have the check eng light come on twice. Is this normal? Could I be doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Marty

to check trouble codes set run switch to on, hold odometer reset switch and turn igniition switch to on simultaneously odometer should show diag release reset switch.then push reset swiitch and odometer shoulld now show psst or something similar. pushh and holld reset for about five seconds and it willl show codes for each letter use reset to cycle each letter

when done retrieving codes just cycle through again and hold the reset button llonger on each say 10 sec or so on each code

P1353 Front cylinder no combustion
P1356 Rear cyl no combustion

My eng runs but is hard to start when hot and seems like it runs on one cylinder. Where do I start. I have changed the plugs.
WAP.gif

Sounds like you have excessive secondary resistance.
Replace the plug wires. Make absolutely sure the coil tower contacts are clean and polished before installing new plug wires. Use DE lube.
You said you changed the plugs. I would not substitute. You must use the exact HD plug.

Back