free website stats program cheap tricks for a louder bike? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

cheap tricks for a louder bike?

If you are going to new pipes all the way you might want to consider Patriot Defenders. The have a very simple easy sound adjustment on them. They can go from mild to wild....and back again easily. I put a set of them on my sporty and was pretty well pleased with them, looks, price and performance.

Patriot Defender Pipes for Harley Davidson Motorcycles

Just curious; did your gate start rattling after a few rides? I had to put a zip tie around the bracket and cable due to rattling, but it still works as intended. Handy for cops nearby.
Did your pipes blue easily? My muffler has now a golden hue to it, and the headers are definitely blue, but the mixture seems spot on target for power and economy.

I've got a stock '09 dyna. I'm not lookin to make her faster & am not mechanically experienced, but would like to make her louder for safety reasons (I live in south florida). Any affordable tweaks I can do to get a bit bit more bark?

For safety, try an air horn. I have 2 into 1 Thunderheaders (LOUD! I got a ticket for being too loud.) on my Fat Bob, but cagers would still come out of side streets and driveways into my lane, forcing me to brake or swerve. So I bought an air horn.

The pipes direct sound behind you, an air horn blows the sound in front of you. Now my horn is louder than my pipes. When I see a cager drifting towards my lane, a loud honk can make them slam on their brakes.

The cheapest is about $60 if you can install it yourself. I got the duel trumpets and paid a shop to install it. (I couldn't figure how to hook up the compressor, relay & all. I can send pictures of how they did it -- IM me.)

Check out this place. You might find air horns for less, but this place got the best reviews. RIVCO Products, Inc.Air Horns

:44:

AMEN BROTHAH!!! I bought an electric Olo horn for $19, made a polished aluminum bracket to mount it directly behind my stock horn (with cowbell removed) and the tone is about 1/2 note lower than the stocker. Both wired together make a VERY loud WARBLE, as they are not tuned to each other, and the out-of-tune warble is very noticable, as much as the Ohlo air horn. But cheaper to do.

Back