free website stats program Charging System Test For Older Evo models and TC Models | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Charging System Test For Older Evo models and TC Models

I have a 2007 road kiing. while i was in myrtle beach i woke up one morning went to start up my bike and the battery was dead. Being that the battery was 5 years old i figured it was just time for a new one. I got the bike over to the dealer and asked them to drop in a new battery and when they did they realized the voltage regulator was shot. They told me it was charging at 13 which was an apparent problem. The good news was i had about two weeks left on my extended warranty. The bad news was i was on vacation down in myrtle beach for bike week and while i was riding back home to jersey about 100 miles into my 650 mile ride my charging indicator on my bike began to flicker on and off. I'm not particularly mechanically inclined but i did kinow this was not good. Well to make a long story a little shorter after getting gas near camden nj when i went to start the bike up to leave it was dead as a door nail. Luckily for my old lady and i a little woman with a giant truck gave me a jump and i made it back home. does anyone have an idea why after getting a new battery and regulator installed the same problem occured. ps my bike has a 103 stage 3 upgrade has a few led's fog lights and a mini beast air horn all of which have been on the bike for about three years.

Most parts you buy have a warranty, I'd return the new part if it's defective. If the supplier won't back it send it back to the mfg. direct!! I think it's reasonable to expect the new part to work.

hello i recenently installed a new stator and regulator on my 1992 flhtc and i have performed the chargeing test after load testing my battery as per your instructions, battery checks out fine but meter is reading 13.59 at idle and 14.28 at 3600 rpms
by the way my battery is an acid type battery not maintenance free. are these satisfactory readings

hello i recenently installed a new stator and regulator on my 1992 flhtc and i have performed the chargeing test after load testing my battery as per your instructions, battery checks out fine but meter is reading 13.59 at idle and 14.28 at 3600 rpms
by the way my battery is an acid type battery not maintenance free. are these satisfactory readings
Those numbers look ok to me, provided you do not have the alternator upgrade

Back