free website stats program Changing Tires/Rims | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing Tires/Rims

fiveoh455

Is there an issue with putting Street Glide Rims/Tires on a Road King? I have a 2012 Road King, but I like the Street Glide rims much better. The rear tire size of the Road King is the same size as the Street Glide, but the front tire/rim size is different between the two models. The Road King takes a 130/80 B17 65H, and the Street Glide takes a 130/70 B18 63H. I know switching the rear won't make a bit of difference, but what about the front? Will it affect the speedo accuracy? Change how the bike handles etc.?

Is there an issue with putting Street Glide Rims/Tires on a Road King? I have a 2012 Road King, but I like the Street Glide rims much better. The rear tire size of the Road King is the same size as the Street Glide, but the front tire/rim size is different between the two models. The Road King takes a 130/80 B17 65H, and the Street Glide takes a 130/70 B18 63H. I know switching the rear won't make a bit of difference, but what about the front? Will it affect the speedo accuracy? Change how the bike handles etc.?

I would be more concerned if your King has ABS. If so I would say there will be a problem...:newsmile077:

Do you know if the axles/bearing IDs are the same?

I don't think your speedo is mechanical off the front wheel anymore.

TQ

I had a telephone conversation with a Harley Davidson customer service rep this afternoon. I learned that the Street Glide sized wheels are sold as an aftermarket accessory for the Road King in the HD P&A catalog. The RK and the SG share the same frame, thus swapping the wheels makes no difference. There is absolutely nothing to be concerned about regarding this change. Thanks for the responses....I'm going riding!!

Police road kings have Street Glide wheels. My '11 road king classic has street glide wheels. ABS bearings have magnets in them. You just need to match the bearings as to ABS or non. The wheels are the same. Have fun. rider

If you don't already have the SG rims and you want a Great price on some chrome SG rims check out www.willyshiny.com" . I put SG rims on my RG from Willy Shiny and there has been no problems and they look great. :newsmile106:

Back