free website stats program Changing Slip-Ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing Slip-Ons

Cyclops

I tend to value the opinions on this forum a bit more than those of my local HD shop. When I purchased my 09 Ultra Classic I had them install the Rinehart Slip-Ons, SE Stage-1 Kit and the SE Pro Super Tuner. They used a generic map, as the local shop did not have a Dyno. After a couple of months I noticed the some discoloration in the bend in my pipes and inquired with the local shop’s sister shop down the road. They stated it was too lean and needed to be Dyno’d, which I had them do. After a year, I wasn’t happy with the sound so I had a set of Power Master Slip-Ons installed at a bike rally. The PM Slip-Ons have a 2-1/4” baffle. I was told that I wouldn’t need to have the bike remapped and that it would have to be re-Dyno’d etc. Is this enough information for anyone to advise if I’m OK to continue running as is or if I really do need to have it re-mapped since changing the Rineharts to these Power Master Slip-Ons? That was the only change. Sorry for such a long note.

I would guess you should be OK, does it run OK, Do you want to spend more money on another Dyno? JMO

I would guess you should be OK, does it run OK, Do you want to spend more money on another Dyno? JMO
Bike runs just as fine as before. Sounds better/deeper and I don't have any backfiring etc. I just wanted to check the opinions of the fine members of this forum, as I was getting different suggestions/comments locally. Appreciate your opinion/feedback Jack!

Bike runs just as fine as before. Sounds better/deeper and I don't have any backfiring etc. I just wanted to check the opinions of the fine members of this forum, as I was getting different suggestions/comments locally. Appreciate your opinion/feedback Jack!

Roger that, disregard my mention of sales men. LOL, :p

Cyclops; agree w/Jack - pipe change shouldn't need any additional adjustment(s). If you went w/entire exhaust swap, or swapped breather, then you'll want to re-tune. Enjoy!

Did the shop that did the dyno provide you with a printout? Did they at least tell you what the AFR was? I'm with the rest that if it's running the way you want it should be OK, but all the dyno runs I've had done come with a printout to show HP, TQ, and AFR.

Did the shop that did the dyno provide you with a printout? Did they at least tell you what the AFR was? I'm with the rest that if it's running the way you want it should be OK, but all the dyno runs I've had done come with a printout to show HP, TQ, and AFR.
Dyno was performed at HD shop with the Rineharts on and they did provide me with print outs. If I"m reading the printouts correctly it shows 2 runs. The first run shows Max TQ=80.98 & Max Power=72.61. The 2nd run shows Max TQ=89.80, Max Power=75HP. Air/Fuel first run shows 14.8, 2nd run shows 14.2.

Dyno was performed at HD shop with the Rineharts on and they did provide me with print outs. If I"m reading the printouts correctly it shows 2 runs. The first run shows Max TQ=80.98 & Max Power=72.61. The 2nd run shows Max TQ=89.80, Max Power=75HP. Air/Fuel first run shows 14.8, 2nd run shows 14.2.

Good to go you should be fine:s

Back