free website stats program Changing oil Types | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing oil Types

dogdad

After reading another post about the whinning 5th gear noise,,is it ok to change to the Spectro after using synthetic oil. I have about 4500 miles on my RKC. The 5th gear noise really doesn't bother me but if it's that much better to put the Spectro in, I may just go ahead and do it.

After reading another post about the whinning 5th gear noise,,is it ok to change to the Spectro after using synthetic oil. I have about 4500 miles on my RKC. The 5th gear noise really doesn't bother me but if it's that much better to put the Spectro in, I may just go ahead and do it.

Spectro IS a full synthetic:D

"Just Do It"!! (Nike)

TQ

I switched to the 6 Speed Spectro last week (2500 miles on my RG). It's so easy to change on the bike. So far so good.

Next will be a switch to full synthetic motor oil from HD360 (prob Mobil V-Twin, what I used on my Sporty for years).

I switched to the 6 Speed Spectro last week (2500 miles on my RG). It's so easy to change on the bike. So far so good.

Next will be a switch to full synthetic motor oil from HD360 (prob Mobil V-Twin, what I used on my Sporty for years).

I am also getting ready to switch again. this time from Amsoil to Mobil1 V-twin. Not saying that there is anything wrong with Amsoil, but I have used Mobil 1 in my cars for years and never had any engine failures. one of those cars was an 86 Grand National which I beat on real hard and after I totalled it in 1999 I pulled the motor with 150k and the mains were in excellent shape.

Back