free website stats program Changing my seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing my seat

brderj

I love the sprung solo seat on my bones but I often feel like I'm sitting above the bike. I'm 6'2. I have been debating on how to change this. I know I can get some different 2 inch springs, though I have no idea how to install them. The issue I find with that option is the springs bottoming out. At 6'2 I don't weigh in at a light 150 lbs. :D I found a picture the other day of a crossbones with the brawler seat....it looks pretty good, totally changes the entire look of the bike (IMO), and drops you down 3 inches. From what I have read the install is pretty straight forward (yeah, we'll see about that). My biggest concern is I know nothing about seats, what to look for, which ones are better, nada. What do you all think about changing the seat at all, and the brawler in general? Thanks!

Agreed top. In this area its hard to find another crossbones. I see them in passing, but I can count on one hand how many in total I have seen. I have only seen one bones, in a show room, with a different seat. The thought of changing mine out hadn't occurred to me yet. Maybe when I get home I can take the bike down there, remove my seat, and have them put the brawler down just to see how it looks....worth a shot. Thank you.

I love the sprung solo seat on my bones but I often feel like I'm sitting above the bike. I'm 6'2. I have been debating on how to change this. I know I can get some different 2 inch springs, though I have no idea how to install them. The issue I find with that option is the springs bottoming out. At 6'2 I don't weigh in at a light 150 lbs. :D I found a picture the other day of a crossbones with the brawler seat....it looks pretty good, totally changes the entire look of the bike (IMO), and drops you down 3 inches. From what I have read the install is pretty straight forward (yeah, we'll see about that). My biggest concern is I know nothing about seats, what to look for, which ones are better, nada. What do you all think about changing the seat at all, and the brawler in general? Thanks!

Hmm. The HD website says that the solo seat is "infinitely" adjustable. I am sure you have explored all of that, right?

I love the retro look of that bike!! I would be inclined to try some shorter, stiffer springs BEFORE swapping out the seat. This one is supposed to be thinner than the stock:

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

TQ

So I think I have made my decision and maybe someone can shed some light on the procedure of removing the stock seat and putting a new one on, as well as using the passenger pillion I already have??? Here is the link to the seat,
Mammoth Choppers Inc.

Let me know what you think.

Hey TQuentin1, infinitely is a term HD seems to throw around loosely, lol.

Back