free website stats program Chain case Lub. | Harley Davidson Forums

Chain case Lub.

SIFIHD

Hi all!
I have a question about Amsoil 20w-50 Syn. for v-twins is it ok to use in my new Road Glide chain case? I used it in my 03 Soft Tail with great results and thought I would get your Opionion.
Thanks for your time Roger

Hi all!
I have a question about Amsoil 20w-50 Syn. for v-twins is it ok to use in my new Road Glide chain case? I used it in my 03 Soft Tail with great results and thought I would get your Opionion.
Thanks for your time Roger

You should probably use a product that is fit-for-purpose in a wet clutch/chaincase application. This type of product should have NO friction modifiers to prevent the possibility of the clutch slipping. I would suggest HD Formula + or Spectro Chaincase. See here:

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Wet multi plate clutches have been in use for many years however the correct type of oil is required to give best results as a thin film of oil is coated over the clutch plates this assists in clutch binding by providing a suction affect between the friction and plain plates (similar to a bit of moisture on a rubber sucker on glass)
the wrong fluid type can cause the suction affect to slip or be to harsh causing clutch slip or drag
so best always to use oil that has been formulated for the purpose

Brian

Back