free website stats program CD stuck in player! | Harley Davidson Forums

CD stuck in player!

squeek17

Well i tried to update the software in my radio on my 06 SG, did all the steps, it never updated and the cd will not eject. I tried taking the fuses out as instructed with no luck. Any ideas??

I think I read somewhere that if a CD sticks while upgrading software it will eject after a few minutes of riding. Don't remember where I read it, never had to do it but I hope it works!.:D

I think I read somewhere that if a CD sticks while upgrading software it will eject after a few minutes of riding. Don't remember where I read it, never had to do it but I hope it works!.:D

True it will eject when you are riding but the radio firmware has to be working for that to work. Does the service manual say anything about removing a CD? I thought the CD had a manual eject on the front or the back somewhere. Not 100% sure and no where near my service manual.

I can't offer any suggestions on getting the CD out in this particular situation. But on my car which had a 6-slot disc feature built into the CD player, I burnt a disc using a CD-RW disk, and that one got stuck and wouldn't come out. Had to get the entire CD unit replaced.

Never had a problem with any of the CD-R discs I have used over and over...but no more will I put in a CD-RW disc into my car...and won't be doing that on the scoot either - more for a precautionary measure than anything.

Owners manual warns "Not to use double sided CD's" as they may become permanently lodged.
Hope that isn't your problem.

Some computers used to have a small hole in front that would let you eject with a straightened paper clip.
Maybe......

Back