free website stats program CB woes | Harley Davidson Forums

CB woes

bus driver

I have a 91 UGC that is bone stock. Everything with the audio(radio-cb) works fine(most of the time), except more often than not, the cb gives me trouble. The problem is sometimes when I turn on the cb it doesn't work properly. The LED display(channel display on tank) doesn't illuminate, however there is static coming from the speakers. It is not receiving any channels even if I change channels. Sometimes when I turn on the cb the LED illuminates, all is well. When the cb LED is illuminated the cb funtions perfectly, so do the radio-intercom funtions. The radio works fine at all times. So do all the controls for rider and passenger. The problem is when the LED doesn't illuminate. I know some of you are going to say turn the radio louder and you won't notice that the cb doesn't work. And some will say who needs a radio. And some will say, isn't the sound of the motor music to your ears enough? You're all right. But it's the winter and I need a good reason to get out to the garage and play. Thanx-Bus Driver.

I have jiggled a couple of wires, but I didn't go too crazy. When I had the tank off I looked for anything weird,but it looked ok. I didn't know if it was a common electrical glitch. I don't know if there IS a common electrical glitch. Anything would be a big help. I'll keep looking. Thanx Bus Driver

Sounds like a loose wire. Just a thought. Have you checked the back of the radio unit yet?

After you do what Dr. Bill suggested above, if you are still having problems, yank the radio out and send it, along with a check for $225, to Radio Sound. This will save you hours of grief trying to debug what is wrong with the radio. You will get back a COMPLETELY reconditioned unit!!

RadioSound - Customer Service

TQ

Back