free website stats program CB removal | Harley Davidson Forums

CB removal

Retread

Want to remove the cb from my 92 ultra but want the rear speakers to work. Where do I find the proper wire to connect them to the radio?

Have a 94 ultra classic and have been thinking about doing the same thing because I doubt that I will ever use it so was just wondering how much trouble it is also. Just think it will clean the bike up also getting rid of all that and give it a better look. Want to change the dash too because I think the tank looks better without all the controls on it. Have posted on this before and got no replys. Didn't realize the cb ran through the rear speakers.

The speakers attach through the console pod and do not work with the 7 pin connector unpluged. Hoping to not go into the fairing to hot wire the rear speakers. Not interested in any rear control functions just want the speakers to play. Seem the console pod is some great mystery to us average people cause I can't find any info other than replace to pod.

Want to remove the cb from my 92 ultra but want the rear speakers to work. Where do I find the proper wire to connect them to the radio?
Of course the easiest way to find the speaker wires would be to refer to a wire diagram, however an alternate method would be to use a multimeter set to the "ohm" mode.
(1) the speakers will each have 2 wires.
(2) the reading will be approximately 4 or 8 ohms when measuring across the 2 wires.
(3) you'll know that you have the correct 2 wires because you can hear a noise in the speaker when you tap one of the multimeter leads on one of the speaker leads while the other multimeter lead is securely fastened to the other.
(4) be aware that there are probably 2 wires in the connector that carries the 12 vdc. identify these wires first, then concentrate on the remaining wires in the connector.
(5) conduct these tests with the connector disconnected from the system.
(6) be patient- you will succeed!

hope this is helpful, cheers, OP

Thanks OP, The wiring diagram is no help (wires in and out but no info to relate them) tried the extra speaker with a pin diagram off another post but no results. I did get some noise in the front speakers while testing but no sound in my test speaker. I'll try the ohm meter tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.

Back