Castrol V-Twin ?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by BeachJeep, Aug 31, 2010.

1. BeachJeep

BeachJeep Member

I've been running Mobil-1 V-twin but I am going to be doing my oil change this week end with Mobil-1 again. Talking with a buddy at Advance Auto they said they are switching to the castrol V-twin and will not carry Mobil-1 anymore. Walmart has also strated carring the Castrol V-Twin and no Mobil -1 Vtwin. Any one used the castrol V-twin Like - Dislike?

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Not yet, but I run Castrol in my truck & van. Guess it's time for more oil research - gotta thing Castrol V-twin would be decent quality. Also, I'm a big John Force racing fan so it could be a win - win.

3. Tramp60

Tramp60 Member

Have mobile-1 in my truck since new. For the sled? Ams-oil for me. I too am a fan of John Force and he ain't no dummy! Go John!

4. sgt_1230

sgt_1230 Active Member

We just put the Catrol synthetic in my sons SE VROD a couple of weeks ago. It had the HD syn3 in it and he said the bike seems to shift a lot better. Only has about 500 miles on it so far, but no complaints.

5. Grillfish

Grillfish Junior Member

I saw this in WalMart the other day as well. It said you can run it in the engine, primary and tranny. Not sure if I'd do that, but here is a link.

Castrol USA - Power RS VTwin 4T

I bought a few cases of Mobil 1 Vtwin when it was on sale a few months ago, so I'm good for 10K miles.

IMO, if you change your oil frequently and use a quality filter, you are all set.

Ride safe and have fun.

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Back in 92 in sturgis I had a chat with a factory rep, he said Castrol was a good oil for Evos, I got to beleve if they have a synthetic for V Twins it will be a good choice:s

7. xdanman

xdanman Member

Personally, I like full sunthetic. Not a blend.

8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

A good 100% Synthetic oil is fine, the delta between different brands probably is not as great as between dino oil and 100% syn...but then if you change your oil sooner than the recommended 5,000 miles with filter, it is likely you will never witness "self destruction" due to that difference anyway. :s

Again, it is how you ride and if you do regular oil changes, you are likely going to beat the "lifetime" odds, regarding wear due to the type of oil...JMO. 100% Syn is just a good idea...with results as compared to dino oil proven over and over that more temperature tolerance before breakdown and anti-wear/anti-corrosion properties of a more "pure" oil will improve performace and ultimately longevity. API does not do the ratings just for "lip service" but actually thru testing, but as always it is your choice...:D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  9. SC_Compact

SC_Compact Member

Not sure if you know or care but Castrol is owned by BP.

10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

So is Arco (formerly Atlantic Richfield Co.) so you would be hard pressed to find BP tendrils everywhere.