free website stats program Cargo rack | Harley Davidson Forums

Cargo rack

Cajun Ultra

has anyone drilled the holes in your tour pack for the cargo rack to be mounted if so how was it, what size bit anything i should look out for?

I did it. No big deal once you get over the fear of drilling holes in a thousand dollar accessory! Follow the instructions and like anything else, measure multiple times and observe it from all angles to be sure it's centered and exactly where you want it before plugging in the drill. I also dabbed some silicone sealant on before tightening everything up to help keep the water out of the pack.

Doc hit it with lining it up. Measure and look multiple times. I also tried to level my bike to get a better line of site.
The bit size will be listed in the instructions. I put the rack with the lite on mine, I think its called the Areo rack. It takes a bigger hole on one bolt to run the wire thru. Also, there is torqe settings listed, so don't over tighten!

9/32 drill bit.... just put mine one. The templet from HD is to show you were the back legs sit incase you want the spoiler later. It's what every one else said...... measure four times... look at it eight times... and becareful the bit doesn't walk on you!

you're most likely done now but I put pieces of masking tape on the area of each hole then marked where the rack was with pencil after getting it perfectly aligned. no guess work.

Just got done with placing the Air Wing rack on my 2006 Street Glide ( I have a TP with Lowers). Used Blue painters tape for a contrasting view of where to place it. I also used the wife. Once I placed the rack on the TP lid, the wife eye balled my positioning. Two set of eyes are better than one. The template was not helpful to me. If we were off, it was VERY slight. Draw circle around the posts with a red sharpie, then draw a "cross" for center. It also helped to remove the lid from the bike. take your time, you'll do fine.

Back