free website stats program Carb Help Please! | Harley Davidson Forums

Carb Help Please!

The_Aux

Hey folks so I will get right to it. I have a 1990 heritage (sons bike ) on it is a cv keihin and I have taken this thing apart twice now first time was cause I had to replace petcock and when I turned new one on gas cam pouring out of carb figured float problem. Checked float height and was out of specs so I adjusted and put back on problem solved. However I now have a hesitation when I throttle up and it is in the first 1/4 of the throttle. I have checked the accelerator pump we are good there getting a nice healthy squirt my f/a mixture I believe to be fine as she idles perfectly. I cleaned this carb out like you wouldn't believe used good ole b-12. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as my son is dying to get out and ride and this is his first bike so I want to make sure everything is as good as it can be since he is a brand new rider! Thanks brothers and sisters
Aux

Welcome to The forum, check the spigot and intake seals, also check the needle and seat

And make sure that the vacuum port on the vacuum piston has NOT been drilled out to 1/8" (or worse - larger). If you can insert the "chuck" end of a 1/8" drill bit into the vacuum port, then I am afraid someone has been at that vacuum piston. This can cause the kind of symptoms you are describing. Only cure is to replace the vacuum piston.

Also check the VOES. Replace the hose from the VOES to the nipple on the intake (just behind the carb).

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
Also make sure the squirt from the fuel pump is squirting straight down the middle of the throat.

Did you have the Diaphragm out?

Might have gotten Pinched during RE-assembly... EASY Out but TOUGH to get back IN correctly...:(

signed....BUBBIE

Back