free website stats program Can't wait to pick up my new bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can't wait to pick up my new bike

Now that you have it RIDE it.

My Buddy had a Superglide, a Sportster and a Triumph Tiger Cub and yet he never rides the bloody things. I do like to go out and ride mine. My buddy Jon and I are planning a trip to Germany for 10 days in June/July 12.

Thanks for the replies guys; just been up the showroom and the bike was sparkling; the salesman was showing me what a great job he did polishing it; hope I didn't upset him too much when I got on the floor and pointed out that it still needed cleaning under the engine :newsmile100:

ditto all of the above,and welcome to the best HD forum on the planet!You do look good on the bob dude,and the bob looks good on you..................like me and my glide,a match made in heaven!

As the wife is German we have to visit her family every summer and we make the trip these days me with the softail and she on the wide glide did the trip a couple of times on a pair of sportsters after we have done the family trip and go to her home town shutzenfest (i think drinking is mandatory) we then head for the Rhine and mosel valleys and do a wee bit of wine tasting

Brian

Attachments

• 100_0035 (Medium).JPG
    100_0035 (Medium).JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I was in the Royal Navy for 24 years and a Submariner for 15 of those. Retired in 2003 as a CPOSA on full pension :p

The reason I asked if you've ever been on a sub.is because when I saw your name it remained me of an old TV. show from the 60's called voyage to the Bottom of The Sea. the main Character was Admiral Nelson. If memory is correct he was played by Richard Basehart.

Enjoy your new bike, and be safe.

The reason I asked if you've ever been on a sub.is because when I saw your name it remained me of an old TV. show from the 60's called voyage to the Bottom of The Sea. the main Character was Admiral Nelson. If memory is correct he was played by Richard Basehart.

Enjoy your new bike, and be safe.

It seems you are correct Sir...

"Cheap but never nasty - this Irwin Allen production set the standard for low-budget SFX for years to come. Spun-off from the successful film, high-tech sub Seaview battles secret agents, femme fatales, monsters and other disasters. Grumpy Admiral Nelson and handsome Captain Crane never seem to agree - and the world is saved time and time again."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_to_the_Bottom_of_the_Sea_(TV_series)

Too early for me, or I am too old to rememeber - I wasn't born until April 62.

Last edited:
Back