Canadian secrets

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by HDDon, May 2, 2011.

1. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I just read a great article on a road trip thru the Muskoka Region of Ontario. This has got to be one of the most beautiful areas I have never heard of. Any of you Canadian members ever ride this area? I am always looking for a different place to go and this looks like a great place to ride.

2. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I haven't ridden the area but come on up, you can stay with us and we will go do a tour. Not that far from us less then 6 hours would put us there. We could get a room for a couple of nights.
    Ken

3. HDDon

Kemo I am checking my schedule right now. As soon as the wife gets back from S.C. I will be able to tighten up some dates. When is the best time for weather up in that area? Remember I'm a Florida boy!!

4. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I would think that mid June would be a nice ride up. I am sure others from the forum would be interested.
    Ken

5. lewy

lewy Member

I would also say the best time would be late June to early August.

6. HDDon

I'm trying to get the time for this and my planned ride to Tx, Ar, and N. Mex.. I may forgo the trip west to ride north to see the area and meet some of my Canadian brothers.

7. kemo

kemo R.I.P

That sounds like a great plan. We are truly becoming a international brotherhood
    Ken

8. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

my old man and i are heading to niagara falls in mid june this year from minnesota. we havent decided which way to go around the lakes. maybe both! let me know if anything is going down and I will see if it will work with our plans. or just let me know of some cool places to see.

9. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Keep in touch, we are 3 hours from the Falls
    Ken

10. HDDon

Right now I have calender sheets spread out across the living room. It's 1720mi from Suwannee to Ontario!!