Can someone help me?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Wtlj, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Wtlj

Wtlj Member

Hi guys this is my first post and I just joined the other day! I just got a 2003 sportster 1200 and need to find a service manual for it. I figured this would be the best place to find one. Thanks in advance and i'm excited to be a part of the forum.
    Terry Leo

2. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

Try your local HD dealer, or you can do a search on a manual for that model year. Some sites have an electronic manuals you can purchase on-line and access immediately.

We have some manuals avaialble here, but they require you to be a member for a period of time and have a minimum post count.

3. Wtlj

Wtlj Member

How long of a member and what post count?

4. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

For most manuals it's 150 posts.

5. Bubba73

Bubba73 Account Removed

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Unless you plan to have your computer/laptop/Smartphone near the bike, or have alot of paper + ink available...suggest you get to the dealer & buy the $60 service manual. Best bike investment you'll make...IMHO.

7. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

+1, Welcome to the forum from Minnesota.:ws

8. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You can search on line or specific sites like ebay etc and you may get a used one at a good price
    Harley part number = 99484-03

Brian

9. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Its just the best way to go. $60 is a small price to pay for the info you have at your fingertips.

10. Wtlj

Wtlj Member

Thanks guys haul bikes just dropped my bike off today and I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for oil and filter. I'll ask for a service manual also hopefully the have it in stock. Anything else I should maintenance the bike has 15,000 on it and was very well kept. Maybe fuel filter or a carb cleaning? Also what do you guys use to clean your bikes?
    Thanks Terry Leo