free website stats program Can I change my tire aspect ratio? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can I change my tire aspect ratio?

I have to admit you have 1 Beautiful Bike. Man that thing is Gorgeous. You have a better looking ride than me and I am giving You advice? Somethings not right with that! :p:p

Thanks. Looks ain't everything. Although I gotta say my Stage 1 ROCKS!

My experience with tires and matching them is very limited. Any advice is much appreciated. I'm still on the hunt for a matched set.

Stay with matched front and rear brand that have no compatibility issues. They do the R&D and have plenty of road time to insure long life and handling issues are debugged. Most of us do not have the capability to do the rolling lab thing so that is why your hunt is honestly a good and sensible one.

Ditto what NEWHDFAN said just ask the car kids how they like the ride when they do this, I see it every day and when I align them I dread test driving them

Unfortunately a "matched set" of Metzelers is as follows.

Metzeler - ME 880 Marathon Touring Rear Tire: Size - 170/60R-17

Metzeler - ME 880 Marathon Touring Front Tire: Size - 120/70-21

The rear tire is a radial and the front is a bias-ply.

Aaaarrrrgh!

Problem may be my HD rear wheel and my Victory front wheel. They don't seem to like each other. Funny enough, Metzeler says the front tire size is brand specific to a Yamaha XV1900 Star Raider '08.

Anyone know if the Radial rear and Bias front will be a problem?

Not recommended by anyone due to liability reasons alone. Stick with bias ply, that most closely matches the nearest tire/wheel combination your bike came with. You can go one size larger or up or down including nearest aspect ratio.

Great advice throughout this thread. Thanks to all. Finding my way through all the catalogs with a Victory front wheel and a Deuce rear on a Street Bob has been fun.:small3d007:

Turns out the Metzeler 880 Marathon XXL 120/70-21 Front is a radial as well as the Metzeler ME880 Marathon 176/60R-17 78V Tubeless Blackwall Rear which is the exact right tire for my Deuce rear wheel. Both are considered cruiser/touring tires.

Radials front and back.:newsmile01:

Back