free website stats program cam tensioners | Harley Davidson Forums

cam tensioners

tdj45

anyone got pics of what a good spring loaded cam tensioner should look like and what a bad worn one would look like. THANKS

1-99-06tensioners.jpg

pshoecompare.jpg

had 'em replaced on the rk at 33k. worn 3/4 thru. glad i saw it here and had it done w/ the drive belt. new inner and outer bearings. cams worn badly, replaced w/ 203se. runs great. just got it back last monday.

just looked at mine today at 24,500 miles. outer looked good, inner was ok. Its not a matter of if, its when and what type of conversion.

i was thinking of taking a look at mine ,02 rkci with 21,000 miles but it looks like i will have to pull front exhaust to get to all the bolts to get cover off . or is there a way around just so i can take a peek ?

i was thinking of taking a look at mine ,02 rkci with 21,000 miles but it looks like i will have to pull front exhaust to get to all the bolts to get cover off . or is there a way around just so i can take a peek ?

Some have been able to cut down an allen wrench to get the bolts out behind the exhaust. Depends on the exhaust.

Bodeen

Take the exhaust off it will make your day a better one.
And when removing the right rear nut I have found a 1/4 drive extention with a wobler makes it easyer.

Back