California bound

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by dozerman, Sep 28, 2013.

1. dozerman

dozerman Member

I have a son in the Marine Corp that is deploying to Afghanistan in Dec for the 2nd time. This time from 29 Palms California. Gonna make a surprise trip out there maybe as early as next weekend. I'll be leaving East Texas on my 2003 Heritage and don't have any real time constraints. Never been on a 1500 mile ride before (one way) and don't have a clue what to expect. Just thought I'd throw this out there and see what kind of feedback I'd get

2. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Take your time, be careful and enjoy it!

3. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

Take some Sun Block, rain gear and maybe a light coat. Tel your son "Thank you for your Service" from an old Vet.
    tourbox

4. Webbtron

Webbtron Banned

I'd try and stay off the Interstate as much as I could. Love to be a bug on the wall when you show up. Thanks for your Son's service.

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Thank him for his service. Travel safe, stop and stretch and stay hydrated, eat protein:D

6. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

first of all, thank him for his service! second bring lip balm or some sort of chap stick. oh and of course pictures please!

7. r_k_dragon

r_k_dragon Active Member

Same here, thank him for his service! I'd like to suggest that you make sure he's not planning to drop in on you for a surprise visit before shipping out! Wouldn't want you to miss each other! Ride safe and enjoy the trip! Frequent breaks, hydrate, and stop early each day!:breakdance

8. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Hope you have a great trip, and THANK your son for me!