free website stats program California bound | Harley Davidson Forums

California bound

dozerman

I have a son in the Marine Corp that is deploying to Afghanistan in Dec for the 2nd time. This time from 29 Palms California. Gonna make a surprise trip out there maybe as early as next weekend. I'll be leaving East Texas on my 2003 Heritage and don't have any real time constraints. Never been on a 1500 mile ride before (one way) and don't have a clue what to expect. Just thought I'd throw this out there and see what kind of feedback I'd get

Take some Sun Block, rain gear and maybe a light coat. Tel your son "Thank you for your Service" from an old Vet.
tourbox

I'd try and stay off the Interstate as much as I could. Love to be a bug on the wall when you show up. Thanks for your Son's service.

Thank him for his service. Travel safe, stop and stretch and stay hydrated, eat protein:D

first of all, thank him for his service! second bring lip balm or some sort of chap stick. oh and of course pictures please!

Same here, thank him for his service! I'd like to suggest that you make sure he's not planning to drop in on you for a surprise visit before shipping out! Wouldn't want you to miss each other! Ride safe and enjoy the trip! Frequent breaks, hydrate, and stop early each day!:breakdance

Back